**LOVE**

One of my MANY ZIMBABWE ANGELS! :)

One of my MANY ZIMBABWE ANGELS! :)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Purpose and Destiny


It's now 11:15pm, Saturday, March 20, and SNOWING outside as I'm writing this, here in Dallas TX!!! Who would have thought snow in the spring??!!? :)
I did buy my ticket though a few weeks ago for Zimbabwe.... so I leave the States April 6th. It's all about to begin...what an amazing journey God prepares for each one of us...whether it is to be a stay at home mom, to moving all across the world...God has a purpose and destiny for each of us EXACTLY what HE wanted us to do in advanced too! , not for what we want....but what HE WANTS:)

So, right now I have been hanging out with an amazing group of individuals, which definitely deserve the title of Kingdom Servants. It's the Celebration Ministries team here in Dallas, TX, along with Pastor James from Zimbabwe, Africa. What favor God has put on all of them, and what favor it is to be in their presence. I have learned so much just by sitting still, observing their conversations (partaking in them too!:), but observing how they serve one another the way Christ would if He were here today. It's incredible, truly incredible. I leave them feeling humbled, feeling completely fed by the Spirit, and full of life! Praise God for people wanting to serve God's purpose for their life at any cost...

I have a lot on my mind tonight, and I'm not sure what I want to share first...God is moving in AMAZING ways and doing GREAT supernatural things that I definitely want to share, just wanting to find the perfect timing to do so :)

What seems to be on my heart to share is what Pastor James told me last night about purpose and destiny. As a church, we read 5 chapters a day (Daily Bible Reading) and we are in Deuteronomy right now from the Old Test. reading.
It's about God choosing Moses to fulfill His purpose. But it clearly states that God did not choose him because he was a man of strength nor a man of integrity, but that He chose him because there was a job that needed to be done and he made a clear covenant to do so. God will use anyone who has a servant's heart to do His purpose. It doesn't mean that we are better than someone else, it doesn't mean that we are stronger, or are even more "Christ-like" for that matter...What it does mean is that He is searching for those few who are willing to die to self everyday and those who are willing to follow the narrow path of life no matter the cost. What's amazing is that sometimes God will even wait for a whole generation to die off, and then wait for the new ones to blossom and pursue them to do His purpose!

When Africa came on my heart, believe me, there were many people that WANTED to go before me, but it just didn't work out. As a little child I was never that girl who wanted to do missions work or even wanted to explore another country at all. But what God knew and still knows today about my heart is that I am a "Yes" girl, and why not take that person who says "Yes Lord" and do something very extreme with it. It's such an amazing journey to be on, because I feel more of God's presence now. I truly feel that the closer we are to desiring to serve Him and yearn for Him, the more that He will give Himself to us and allow us to experience Him in such a way that the feelings are indescribable. I get the question a lot, "Dr. Jessica, How do you feel right now...anxious? scared? excited?" And the feelings are deeper and greater than I have ever experience, so to label them would be underestimating the power of what I am going through...I have had tears of joy, sadness, yet smiles of happiness, excitement, etc. It's an array of emotions a long with the greatest sense of peace, which I can't understand in the flesh, but it just feels right. So, with that being said, I have no clue what's to happen in Zimbabwe, what connections and people that God is already aligning for my path, but what I do know and what I do trust is that God is in control and already knows my steps, every single one of them. Matter of fact, He's already walking them before me and going to lead me through! There is no fear in perfect love, and that's exactly what I have and what I receive from my Lord and Father.

I know this was long...maybe this can be me making up from not writing! I just pray that God will use this experience in some way to challenge you to think bigger, and see what He sees (or at least strive for it!)....

My next posting will be about my journal entry I found from 10/9/2008....2008!! It will blow your socks off for how amazing God is.....one hint...it has "Zimbabwe" in it.....hmm....?!?!?
LOVE YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

  1. Hurry up and post about your journal! :) And umm...don't take this the wrong way but did they teach a writing class in chiropractic school?! Cuz I'm pretty sure I used to "help" you write English papers b/c you thought you couldn't write but now you are so good! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that!! Wow, how things have changed :) I just pray it's God writing now and not myself, because I do remember I had to get proofing a couple times before having the confidence to turn in my papers! :) I'm so glad that you are a part of my life and that we never let distance split the two of us...! Thanks for sticking by me through thick and thin...you are a true best friend and I love you with all my heart...seriously...you are one amazing friend. LOVE YOU!! (And I will post the journal hopefully tonight or tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got that right my beautiful sister! He does NOT call the "equipped" .... just the opposite, He equips the "called" ---- those who desire to SERVE Him alone, laying down pride and all self-righteousness EVERY day!! What an incredible Daddy we have who would meet us right where we are at (by using his other children to speak LIFE and ENCOURAGEMENT into the hungry & desperate) that was YOU for me....BLESSINGS forever!

    ReplyDelete