**LOVE**

One of my MANY ZIMBABWE ANGELS! :)

One of my MANY ZIMBABWE ANGELS! :)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

1st Week In Zimbabwe!


Hello All!
Wow, today is one week since I have been here, and it feels like i have lived here for much longer! God is so good and I have been blessed exponentially since arriving. My first encounter of a blessing was on my FULL FLIGHT of 15 hours I think it was, there was an "empty" seat next to me! So I got to rest and get comfortable! :) And then on my last plan entering Zimbabwe, it was the most amazing gift ever. Pastor Nicky, Pastor Bonnie, and Sarah Deuschle of Celebration Ministries were on my flight and Pastor Bonnie and Sarah were on the row behind me, but praise God a gentleman moved and we all sat by each other! Then, there was a great Celebration Ministries crew welcoming us upon our entrance! That especially made it feel like home. And since I have been here, it's truly felt like I'm supposed to be here. I have walked into my destiny and I'm fully confident that God put me here in this season.
So Africa? It's great! I finally drove for the first time a couple days ago, and have been driving ever since! Left side of the road, steering wheel on right side, STICK SHIFT on left side, and blinkers on right side! I just have to tell myself "left side of the road" every time I drive! :)
This stage that I am in is considered "ground work" so there isn't much to talk about just yet, but there will be plenty in just a couple weeks! One thing I would love from anyone and everyone out there is prayer! Prayer definitely changes things in the supernatural and that's the power that we are working with here. Any time you think of Africa, myself, or just any time it pops into your head, please pray for Celebration Ministries, myself, and Maximized Living and the message that we are succeeding in getting out! :)
I could probably write for days on everything that has happened. Just know that once you truly decide to give up your life for Christ, and pick up the cross for Him, favor comes by being obedient. I'm not going to share every time I have been blessed since I have been here. But God is so so so so so good and I know I truly don't deserve all these blessings.
Stay encouraged that this life is meant for ONE. We are under the audience of ONE. And once you dedicate your entire life whether it's finding the right job, your husband, your purpose, your friends, just remember that HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS and make a way. He just wants to know that you will say "Yes Lord." And ever since 7/11/2009, I made a commitment to say "Yes, Lord." to whatever He chooses for me. Sometimes it doesn't make sense in the natural, and people may think you are crazy, and even what seems hard to every one else it much easier to go through knowing that th Lord is there with you. It's hard to explain unless you have been there, but the greatest advice I can share just from this one week here is that life is way too short to get upset, be mad, hold grudges, and hate the life you are in. Give up everything, give up your wants, YOUR fleshy desires, and trust in God to put His desires into your heart, and that makes all the difference.
I pray that you are blessed reading this and I will share lots of pictures. I've been adjusting some of the most amazing people and I will be sharing photos very soon!
Super excited you are on the journey with me.
Be blessed, Cheers! <><

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Jessica - AMEN - AMEN - Some of us from Christ Our Shepherd attend the YMCA National Day of Prayer at the Charlotte Convention Center this morning. WOW... The speaker told the story about how his whole like changed when he gave his full "heart" to the Lord... Such a wonderful journey when you "let go and let GOD". I got to come and visit sometime (tee hee) Hugs and blessings beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. Jessica. Emailed you a couple of weeks ago (thought you were settled into Africa already) but since I didn't hear back from you, I went alookin'. You're definitely not the JB on Facebook, but here you are. So, just wanted to let you know we're thinking about you and so glad you're happy in Zimbabwe and look forward to hearing more as time passes. Many blessings, Cheryl Ramskill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    This is so cool! I loved reading your entries and all about what you're doing! I look forward to hearing more about everything! We'll be praying for you and your journey!

    Much Love,
    Carly Jo

    ReplyDelete